Taxi Maxi Sydney Online Booking-1 To 11 Seat Sydney Maxi | 24/7 SMS IS THE FASTEST WAY TO REACH US
McMahons Point is a harbourside Sydney neighbourhood on the North Shore. North Sydney Council’s McMahons Point is 3 miles north of Sydney’s CBD. McMahons Point is a peninsula between Berrys Bay and Lavender Bay. Blues Point, the peninsula’s southernmost point, overlooks Port Jackson (Sydney Harbour). Zip 2060.
It’s now Sydney’s most exclusive neighbourhood. Waverton, North Sydney, and Lavender Bay surround McMahons Point, a residential area with a medium to high population density. Due to its low crime rate, cafes, restaurants, bars, parks, closeness to bus, train, and ferry networks, and stunning views of Sydney’s central business district, this region of communities north of Sydney Harbour is expensive.
At the northern end of Blues Point Road, in the North Sydney central business district, advertising/marketing, publishing, media, computing, engineering, architectural, and creative arts businesses are concentrated. This neighbourhood has many outdoor cafés, restaurants, and speciality businesses.
The location is accessible via boat, Sydney Trains’ North Shore, Northern & Western Line (available from Waverton, North Sydney, and Milson’s Point), and buses, with one local service (265) terminating at McMahons Point ferry wharf and others passing over it at North Sydney Station and Victoria Cross.
McMahon’s Point is named after 19-year-old Irish farm labourer Michael McMahon, who arrived in Sydney with his brother James on February 14, 1848. (24). They had several kids.
In 1864, brush and comb maker Michael McMahon built the family home on the headland. Victoria elected him mayor in 1890. (later North Sydney). He, Angelina, and other family members are buried in Gore’s Hill Cemetery’s Catholic Section. However, their many descendants have settled in Australia, New Zealand, Canada, and the US, and the McMahon family name has become part of the famous harbour where he built his mansion.
Cammeraygal people lived here. Before European arrival, these people lived along foreshores, in forests, cliffs, and rock shelters.
James Milson (1785-1872), a Napoleonic War veteran, was the first to live and farm here in 1806. Billy Blue, a Jamaican convict turned Sydney Harbour waterman, won additional awards in 1817. The northernmost part of the estate was subdivided first. Blues Point Road connects the ferry dock to St. Leonardstownship since 1839. The peninsula’s centre and south were partitioned by the 1870s. In 1909, a tram line to McMahons Point boosted growth along Blues Point Road.
Contact us at 0291725692.
Check our Fast Maxi and other Maxi/taxi services by visiting us at: