Taxi Maxi Sydney Online Booking-1 To 11 Seat Sydney Maxi | 24/7 SMS IS THE FASTEST WAY TO REACH US
Cremorne Point is a suburb in New South Wales, Australia, on Sydney’s Lower North Shore. North Sydney Council is in charge of Cremorne, which is six kilometres north of the central business district of Sydney.
Both Cremorne Point and Cremorne, which is a different northern suburb, have the same postcode, 2090. Cremorne Point is in Sydney Harbour, between Mosman Bay and Shell Cove. Cremorne Junction is part of the area called Cremorne.
The Cremorne Point ferry dock is in the southwestern part of the peninsula, near Mosman Bay. It was mostly underwater during storms on June 9, 2007, and it didn’t start working again until September 15, 2007.
At the 2016 Census, 33.8% of working people took public transportation to work, while 46.2% drove to work (either as driver or as passenger)
Cremorne was named after London’s Cremorne Gardens, a popular park whose name comes from two Gaelic words that mean “border” and “chieftain.” Robertsons Point was named after James Robertson, who was given 35 hectares of land there in 1820. He was the father of Sir John Robertson, the Prime Minister.
James Milson Jr. (1814–1903) was a trader and rancher in New South Wales and Queensland. He was the son of James Milson (1785–1872), a wealthy landowner in nearby Milsons Point. Over time, he bought a lot more land on the lower North Shore for his family, including the Cremorne peninsula in 1853. In the last decades of the 19th century and the first decades of the 20th, selling this land to build housing complexes was a very profitable business. Milson doesn’t like the fact that Cremorne is one of the few Sydney Harbour peninsulas with a public waterfront park. In the early 1920s, the last family estates on the lower North Shore were taken back to make room for the Harbour Bridge and the roads that went with it.
At first, it was mostly up to private watermen to get people across the harbour. In the 1850s, Cremorne Point was a stop for privately run ferry services to Mosman. However, these services stopped because there weren’t enough people living there. When regular service to Mosman and Neutral Bay started up again in 1872, the Old Cremorne Wharf on the eastern side of the point was part of it. In 1911, Sydney Ferries Limited built a new dock at Robertson Point and started Circular Quay ferry service on December 18, 1911. This was done to make room for a new tram service that also started in 1911. The Edwardian-style dock burned down in 1975.
Contact us at 0291725692.
Check our Fast Maxi and other Maxi/taxi services by visiting us at: